BAKED KUMARA WITH SMOKED CHICKPEAS
Warm up this winter with a nourishing baked sweet potato topped with crispy smoked chickpeas and delicious Super Superkraut.
Recipe from crazy-cucumber.com
Photography by Crazy Cucumber
2 large golden kumara (scrubbed)
1 can of chickpeas (drained)
1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of coriander powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
Snow pea shoots
Toasted sesame seeds
Living Goodness Super Superkraut
• Preheat oven to 200C.
• Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
• Prick the potatoes in several places with a fork, wrap in tinfoil and bake for about 45 mins, or until soft.
• Place chickpeas on a paper towel, removing excess moisture.
• Place chickpeas in a bowl and drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with salt, smoked paprika, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne powder and coriander powder.
• Toss chickpeas to make sure they are coated then transfer to the baking sheet, spreading them out in a single layer.
• Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, giving them a stir halfway through.
• Serve baked kumara's on top of a simple green salad.
• Using a small sharp knife make a slit along the top of the sweet potato and gently squeeze to open it up.
• Add chickpeas and Super Superkraut to the top of the baked kumara and garnish with snow pea shoots and sesame seeds.