WITH WATERCRESS, SPINACH AND PARMESAN
Indulge in these delicious baked oysters, topped with garlic sautéed spinach, watercress and melted parmesan. Perfectly paired with a side bowl of Quick Draw Slaw.
Recipe from crazy-cucumber.com
Photography by Crazy Cucumber
1 dozen shucked oysters in the half shell
2 cups baby spinach (chopped)
2 cups watercress leaves (chopped & stems removed)
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
Splash of dry white wine
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
500g coarse sea salt
Living Goodness Quick Draw Slaw
Watercress leaves (to garnish)
• Position rack in top third of oven and preheat to 230C.
• In a large skillet, sauté garlic in butter until tender. Add spinach and watercress, cook until wilted.
• Add a splash of white wine and cook a few minutes or until all the alcohol has evaporated.
• Stir in the breadcrumbs, season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
• Spread coarse sea salt into baking pan.
• Arrange oysters in half shells atop rock salt. Top each oyster with 1 tablespoon of spinach mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake until cheese browns on top, about 8 minutes.
• Serve baked oysters immediately on a bed of coarse sea salt with side bowls of Quick Draw Slaw and lemon wedges.