KUMARA AND SUPER SUPERKRAUT ROSTI (GF)
Who needs to go out and waste money on brunch when you can make delicious and nutritious dishes like this at home!
Recipe from Nadia Eves
Photography by Nadia Eves
4 cups of grated Kumara
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup Living Goodness Super Superkraut
2 spring onions finely chopped (reserve a few for serving)
2 large eggs lightly beaten
25g butter melted
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Oil for cooking
1 large avocado
Chilli flakes (optional)
• Heat oven to 180 degrees.
• Combine grated Kumara and salt into a bowl and mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the moister to draw out.
• Using a clean tea towel, squeeze out all excess liquid and add all remaining ingredients, mix well.
• Heat your oil of choice in a frying pan over a medium/high heat. Using about half a cup of mixture per patty, form into balls, press into the pan and flatten with a spatula.
• Cook for a couple minutes each side until browned and transfer to the oven for 10 minutes to finish cooking.
• Smash avocado roughly adding lemon juice and salt to season.
• Layer rosti with smashed avocado, more Living Goodness Super Superkraut and poached egg on the top. Sprinkle with reserved spring onions plus some chilli flakes if desired.