LAMB CUTLETS WITH MINT PEA PUREE
Perfectly matched grilled lamb cutlets and cool mint pea puree with a side of Naked Sauerkraut.
Recipe from crazy-cucumber.com
Photography by Crazy Cucumber
12 quality lamb cutlets, room temperature
3 tablespoons olive oil
One small handful of fresh rosemary
Living Goodness Naked Sauerkraut
INGREDIENTS FOR MINT PEA PUREE
300g frozen peas
Two handfuls of fresh mint leaves
Salt and black pepper
• In a mortar combine the rosemary, black pepper, and salt.
• Mix well using the pestle, pour in olive oil.
• Rub the paste on both sides of the lamb cutlets and let them marinate for at least 15 minutes.
• Heat a grill, add the cutlets and cook for about 2 minutes.
• Flip the cutlets over and cook for another 3 minutes for medium-rare and 3 ½ minutes for medium. The cutlets should be browned and just begin to scorch.
METHOD FOR SALSA VERDE
• Cook the peas in a pan of boiling water until tender.
• Drain peas and place into a blender along with mint leaves.
• Blitz until a puree is formed.
• Add a little of the olive oil to thin down the puree if needed.
• Season with salt, pepper and splash of lemon juice.
• Serve with mint pea puree and a side of Naked Sauerkraut.