PALEO BEETROOT & BEEF BURGERS
A tasty and healthy beetroot and beef burger great for made for a summer barbecue.
MAKES 5-6 LARGE PATTIES
Recipe from Nadia Eves
Photography by Nadia Eves
1/2 medium brown onion
2 cloves of garlic crushed
500g beef mince (mixture of fatty & lean mince)
1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
1/2 cup grated fresh beetroot
Salt and pepper
Coconut oil or ghee for cooking
Living Goodness Sassy Sauerkraut
Red onion sliced
Smashed avocado with lime juice
• Heat oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic over low heat until soft. Allow to cool.
• Place onions and garlic in a large mixing bowl and add all other ingredients, season with salt and pepper.
• Mix the ingredients together until well combined. Make sure not to over mix the mince.
• Using about 1/3 cup of mixture for each patty, roll into balls and press into burger patties.
• Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
• Heat some more oil in a pan or on a BBQ and cook the patties over medium heat for approx 4-5 minutes each side until cooked.
• Serve in toasted paleo buns with the following fillings; smashed avocado, red onion, greens, pesto and a hefty dollop of Sassy Sauerkraut.