POTATO, MUSHROOM FRITTATA WITH KIMCHI AND GOCHUJANG MAYONNAISE (GF)
The perfect delicious and quick midweek meal for when you are pressed for time.
From My Food Bag 16/04/17
Recipe by Nadia Lim
Photography by Sarah Palmer
INGREDIENTS FOR FRITTATA
400g potatoes, scrubbed and diced 1cm
1 punnet Swiss brown mushrooms, destalked, sliced 0.5cm
80g Living Goodness Sum Yum Kimchi
6 free-range eggs (at room temperature)
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons Korean chilli flakes
INGREDIENTS FOR GOCHUJANG MAYONNAISE
1-2 teaspoons veggie gochujang chilli paste
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
½ telegraph cucumber
100g mung bean sprouts
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1-2 spring onions, thinly sliced
• Preheat oven to 230°C. Line a medium baking dish (measuring about 15 x 25cm) with baking paper.
• Toss potatoes and mushrooms in prepared baking dish with a drizzle of oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Turn once during cooking.
• While potatoes and mushrooms are roasting, prepare the rest of the meal. Roughly chop kimchi and add to a large bowl with eggs, salt and Korean chilli flakes. Whisk to combine and set aside.
• Combine all gochujang mayonnaise ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
• When potatoes are tender, remove baking dish from oven, add egg mixture and use a wooden spoon to evenly distribute mushroom and potato. Return to oven for a further 5-7 minutes, or until egg is just set and the centre of the frittata springs back when gently pressed. Allow to cool slightly.
• While the frittata is cooling, prepare the salad. Cut cucumber in half, then thinly slice on an angle and add to a medium bowl with remaining salad.
• Cut potato and mushroom frittata into 3-4 pieces. Place a slice onto each plate with salad and a dollop of gochujang mayonnaise on the side.