SALMON AND KRAUT SALAD WITH CHIVE & GARLIC DRIZZLE
A quick, healthy and super nutritious summer salad packed with Omega-3.
From My Food Bag 14/10/18
Recipe by Nadia Lim (My Food Bag)
Photography by Sarah Palmer
INGREDIENTS – SALAD
• 500g salmon fillet
• 1 head of broccoli with florets and stalk diced 2cm
• 2 carrots cut in half and thinly sliced
• 1/2 bag green beans
• 1/2 bag baby spinach
• 80g Sassy Sauerkraut
INGREDIENTS – DIZZLE / DRESSING
• 150g yogurt
• 50g herb vinaigrette
• 1 clove garlic minced
• 3 tablespoons chopped chives
• Preheat oven to 220˚C. Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil.
• Prep salad ingredients.
• Prep & cook salmon. Pat salmon dry and remove any pin bones. Place skin side down on a lined oven tray and season. Bake for 8-10 minutes for medium (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking.
• Prep & mix drizzle. Mix together yoghurt, herb vinaigrette, garlic and chives in a large bowl. Remove half for serving.
• Cook & dress salad. Cook broccoli, green beans and carrots in pot of boiling water for 2-3 minutes, until tender with a bite. Drain well and add to large bowl with the drizzle.
• Add spinach and sauerkraut to same bowl and toss well to combine. Season.
• Serve salad topped with large chunks of flaked salmon fillet and spoon over the rest of dressing / drizzle.