SALMON AND KRAUT SALAD WITH CHIVE AND GARLIC DRIZZLE
A quick, healthy and super nutritious summer salad packed with your daily serving of Omega-3.
From My Food Bag 14/10/18
Recipe by Nadia Lim
Photography by Sarah Palmer
INGREDIENTS – SALAD
500g salmon fillet
1 head of broccoli cut into diced 2cm pieces florets and stalk
2 carrots cut in half and thinly sliced
½ bag green beans
½ bag baby spinach
80g Living Goodness Sassy Sauerkraut
INGREDIENTS – DIZZLE / DRESSING
50g herb vinaigrette
1 clove garlic minced
3 tablespoons chopped chives
• Preheat oven to 220˚C.
• Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil.
• Prepare salad ingredients.
• Prep and cook salmon. Pat salmon dry and remove any pin bones. Place skin side down on a lined oven tray and season. Bake for 8-10 minutes for medium (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking.
• Prep and mix drizzle. Mix together yoghurt, herb vinaigrette, garlic and chives in a large bowl. Remove half for serving.
• Cook and dress salad. Cook broccoli, green beans and carrots in pot of boiling water for 2-3 minutes, until tender with a bite. Drain well and add to large bowl with the drizzle.
• Add spinach and sauerkraut to same bowl and toss well to combine. Season.
• Serve salad topped with large chunks of flaked salmon fillet and spoon over the rest of dressing / drizzle.