SALMON SUSHI SANDWICH
The perfect lunch or light dinner. Salmon provides essential Omega-3 fatty acids, combined with the Super Super Kraut this is about as healthy as a sandwich can get. Perfect for those who are gluten intolerant.
MAKES 4 SANDWICHES
Recipe from crazy-cucumber.com
Photography by Crazy Cucumber
Approximately 4 cups of hot cooked sushi rice
60 ml rice vinegar
1 ½ tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 square nori sheets
1 avocado, sliced
Big handful of baby spinach
200g sashimi-grade salmon fillet skinless, boneless
1 cup Living Goodness Super Super Kraut
Toasted sesame seeds
Black sesame seeds
Soy or Tamari sauce
• Season the hot rice with salt, sugar, and vinegar, mix gently.
• Let chill slightly.
• Put a square of cling film slightly larger than your nori sheet.
• Place it on the table, place the nori sheet on top with the shiny side down and rotated 45° in relation to the cling film.
• Wet your hands and grab a handful of rice. Place it in the middle of the sheet and using your hands form it into a compacted square about 9cm.
• Place remaining ingredients on top: a layer of spinach, avocado slices, salmon, sesame seeds and Super Super Kraut.
• At this point cover all the ingredients with another layer of rice –optional.
• Seal all four corners of the nori sheet on top of the filling. Fold the right corner over the stack, wet the end of the nori sheet with a wet finger and fold the left corner over the stack and ‘glue’ it to the right corner.
• Repeat the same thing with the bottom and top corners until you get a small packet.
• Finally, gather all the cling film over the stack and tie on the top. Put something moderately heavy (like a breadboard) on the sandwich and set it aside to let the seaweed soften a little. Cut in half with a sharp knife.
• Serve sushi sandwich with wasabi, pickled ginger and a small bowl of soy sauce.