KOREAN STYLE BEEF TACOS WITH KIMCHI SLAW & AVOCADO
A quick and tasty take on tacos makes this the perfect summer dish.
From My Food Bag 11/12/16
Recipe by Nadia Lim
Photography by Sarah Palmer
INGREDIENTS FOR TACOS
300g beef scotch fillet (at room temperature)
2-3 teaspoons Korean chilli peppers
4-6 flour tortillas
INGREDIENTS FOR KIMCHI SLAW
80g Living Goodness Sum Yum Kimchi
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 telegraph cucumber
• Preheat oven to 100°C. Preheat BBQ grill or hot plate (if using).
• Pat beef dry with paper towels and rub with a little oil. Season well with salt, pepper and Korean chilli peppers. Set aside to marinate while you prepare rest of meal.
• Very finely chop kimchi and add to a large bowl, along with mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce and rice wine vinegar. Mix to combine. Finely shred cabbage; peel and grate carrot; finely slice red onion. Add all to bowl with kimchi and mix well to combine. Season to taste with salt. Set aside in the fridge.
• Heat a medium, dry fry-pan on medium heat. Lightly toast eachtortillaforabout1minute each side, until golden. Wrap in foil and keep warm in oven.
• While tortillas cook, heat a drizzle of oil in a small fry-pan on medium heat. Cook beef for 4-5 minutes each side for medium-rare (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Remove from pan and cover with foil to rest for 5-10 minutes.
• While tortillas warm in oven, cut avocado in half lengthways and twist halves to separate. Remove stone using a spoon, scoop out flesh and thinly slice. Cut cucumber in half lengthways and thinly slice on an angle. Thinly slice beef against the grain.
• Place all ingredients in separate bowls and place in middle of table for everyone to build their own tacos. Fill tortillas with kimchi slaw and top with Korean style beef. Finish with slices of avocado and cucumber.