PALEO BEETROOT AND BEEF BURGERS
A tasty and healthy beetroot and beef burger, great for made for a summer barbecue.
MAKES 5-6 LARGE PATTIES
Recipe from Nadia Eves
Photography by Nadia Eves
½ medium brown onion
2 cloves of garlic crushed
500g free-range beef mince (mixture of fatty & lean mince)
1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
½ cup grated fresh beetroot
Salt and pepper
Coconut oil or ghee for cooking
Paleo buns (can be substitued with regular ones)
Living Goodness Sassy Sauerkraut
Red onion sliced
Smashed avocado with lime juice
• Heat oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic over low heat until soft. Allow to cool.
• Place onions and garlic in a large mixing bowl and add all other ingredients, season with salt and pepper.
• Mix the ingredients together until well combined. Make sure not to over mix the mince.
• Using about ⅓ cup of mixture for each patty, roll into balls and press into burger patties.
• Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
• Heat some more oil in a pan or on a BBQ and cook the patties over medium heat for approx 4-5 minutes each side until cooked.
• Serve in toasted paleo buns with the following fillings; smashed avocado, red onion, greens, pesto and a hefty dollop of Sassy Sauerkraut.